Sleeping mouse

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 12:54:59 UTC 2015

I have a Bluetooth mouse (Sondstrom) which after a fairly short period
of inactivity - a minute or two - becomes unresponsive, i.e. it takes a
few seconds of jiggling for the cursor to move, whereupon it's fine
until it goes to sleep again. As far as I can tell, the mouse itself
isn't asleep (the sensor LED is still on) so I assume this is caused by
some system setting, but which? I could see the sense if I was on a
laptop, but this is a desktop machine and the power management is set to
turn off the monitor only after 30 minutes or so.

This is F21 under KDE (Plasma-5). The mouse connects via a Broadcom
Bluetooth dongle.

poc