installing fedora on HEWLETT PACKARD pavilion 500

Angelo Moreschini mrangelo.fedora at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 17:56:44 UTC 2015

I already had some problem to install fedora on HP pavilion 500, but at
last I was able to finish the installation.

I got the message: "installation complete" and so I did the shutdown.

The computer closed regular,
(the system is going down for power out at ...)
but when I try to open it again, I find this message on the screen:
-------------------------
boot device not found

please install an operating system on your hard disk

Hard DISK - (3F0)
F2 - System Diagnostics

for more information visit the site
http://h18021.www1.hp.com/helpandsupport/hp-self-support.html

The site don't explain nothing about a problem connected with linux

and after running diagnostic I get the message :
ERROR: no boot disk has been detected

For what I can understand the HP computer use UEFI (a standard firmware
interface for PCs); and this give problems to use CD live.., but I don't
know other that can give problem like the boot loader...

I would like to know how to solve this problem

thank you

Angelo