Yum update failure -_-

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 18:33:37 UTC 2015

On 13.03.2015 17:21, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> If I botch this I can still re-install and start from scratch again but
> would prefer not.

Consider these two applications:

Graphical disk usage statistics - Qt/KDE
- https://userbase.kde.org/Filelight
  Filelight allows you to quickly understand exactly where your diskspace
  is being used by graphically representing your file system.

A graphical directory tree analyzer - Gtk/GNOME
- https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Baobab
  Baobab is able to scan either specific directories or the whole filesystem,
  in order to give the user a graphical tree representation including each
  directory size or percentage in the branch. It also auto-detects in real-time
  any change made to your home folder as far as any mounted/unmounted device.

Prior to installation, find the largest packages:
$ rpm -qa --qf '%{size}\t%{name}\n' | sort -n

and uninstall the largest until you resolve the overflow issue.