installing fedora on HEWLETT PACKARD pavilion 500

Angelo Moreschini mrangelo.fedora at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 13:21:42 UTC 2015

Hi Chris,

I followed your suggestion:
I tried efibootmgr -v
and  I got this output:

*"efibootmgr: EFI variables are not supported on this system."*

thinking that the installation is not good, I found this link:

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/91620/arch-linux-grub-install-efi-variables-are-not-supported-on-this-system

where is wrote :  The problem was simply that the efivars kernel module was
not loaded.

I have not so much experience so I would ask you what to do..

perhaps it is enough to install the efivars kernel module. ?

Thank you