Issue with GOG native games and opengl?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Mar 17 00:38:04 UTC 2015

When running Icewind Dale's start up script I get the following:
Running Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition
libGL error: unable to load driver: nouveau_dri.so
libGL error: driver pointer missing
libGL error: failed to load driver: nouveau
libGL error: unable to load driver: swrast_dri.so
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  154 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  3 (X_GLXCreateContext)
  Value in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  84

They only officially support Ubuntu LTS, so I can't get official support
from GOG.

Is there a way to work around the above? (Other than running the Windows
version under Wine.) The game works in current f21, but not rawhide. I
suspect this is due to mesa or nouveau versions rather than a bug.