Crashes of tainted kernels

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 20:46:15 UTC 2015

On 03/17/2015 02:26 PM, Chris Murphy wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 2:15 PM, jd1008 <jd1008 at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Agreed.  That's why I suggested trying to duplicate the crash with an
>>> untainted kernel.
>> Or, abrt should allow the user to submit the bug to some
>> other bugzilla - i.e; not necessarily fedora nor redhat.
>> All abrt needs to do is ask the user for that "other"
>> user's login credentials.
> a. It actually has to communicate with a server, so whose hosting this
> "other" bugzilla?
> b. Then what happens? Who looks at these reports?
>
> Why bother with this infrastructure if no one is going to look at the
> reports or do anything about them?

They are bugzilla servers, and follow the same protocol of
bug submission as the fedora and the redhat report submission
protocol.
What do YOU care who will bother to look at them, as long as it is
not YOU or the fedora devs?
Your assumtion there is no one to look at these ooopses and crashes is a
very wild one.