Crashes of tainted kernels

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Tue Mar 17 22:05:48 UTC 2015

On Mar 17, 2015 3:30 PM, "jd1008" <jd1008 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Because the user  is not provided with an easy
> way to generate the crash report with a full stack dump
> of all the CPUS, the full contents of RAM and the full
> kernel binary - so that the dev (who would work on the report)
> can do a reasonable stack trace.

Abrt doesn't do all that for Fedora kernels as far as I've experienced.

> Also, how about abrt CREATE the full report, and let the user
> save it  in a file, and submit it to anyone s/he desires?
> Is THAT too much to ask for???

I don't know. But it seems like it's the wrong list to ask. And as Fedora
is community driven, I'd ask if those third parties would pitch in on the
work needed that they'd benefit from, if they value these reports being
automated.

Chris Murphy