How to increase maximum user cpu usage allowed on a multi core system?

stan stanl-fedorauser at vfemail.net
Thu Mar 19 17:12:56 UTC 2015

On Thu, 19 Mar 2015 15:56:34 +0100
Heinz Diehl <htd+ml at fritha.org> wrote:

> That's really complicated, baah :-)

It seems complicated, but with the screen template, it's almost habit.
I don't even have to think about it.

I tried the bfs patch on rc4 of the 4.0 kernel, but it got these errors:

kernel/sched/bfs.c:4811:50: error: redefinition of ‘io_schedule’
 void __sched io_schedule(void)
                                                  ^
In file included from include/linux/nmi.h:7:0,
                 from kernel/sched/bfs.c:33:
include/linux/sched.h:422:60: note: previous definition of
‘io_schedule’ was here static inline void io_schedule(void)
                                                            ^
kernel/sched/bfs.c: In function ‘sched_domain_debug_one’:
kernel/sched/bfs.c:5695:2: error: implicit declaration of function
‘cpulist_scnprintf’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
cpulist_scnprintf(str, sizeof(str), sched_domain_span(sd)); ^
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
make[2]: *** [kernel/sched/bfs.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [kernel/sched] Error 2
make: *** [kernel] Error 2

I'm currently running a compile on a vanilla 3.19 with the bfs and bfq
patches applied.  If it doesn't have these errors, I can see if I get
the same behavior as you when compiling.