Fedora 21 Software choices

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Sat Mar 21 21:25:04 UTC 2015

On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 04:59:09PM -0400, Max Pyziur wrote:
> I popped the F21 "Workstation Live" disc into one of my machines. It
> came up w/ Gnome 3 w/ one of the choices being "Software."
> There, you could browse all of the different application sofware
> choices by different categories and sub-categories (Audio, Video,
> Education, Development, etc).
> I briefly looked at the Fedora Project page hoping to find something
> similar: where F21 software offerings are shown. Is there a webpage
> or two where these might be listed?

I don't think we have an application-focused web site quite like
software, but we have a place where you can search _packages_. The
distinction is that packages are a lot more low-level. Take a look at
<https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/>.

A search which shows exactly what one would see in Software would be
kind of neat.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>