gdm -- failure - or corrupted - Re: fedora 21 -- 2 different gpu --bmc/ipmi ASPEED -- Nvidia GTX760-- how to select primary

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Mon Mar 23 20:32:57 UTC 2015

On 03/23/2015 11:52 AM, Kevin Abbey wrote:
> I tried to reinstall gdm, yum reinstall gdm, but this did not make an
> difference.

My understanding is that what you did only replaces missing or damaged
files, and isn't as thorough as you might think it is.  (I'm sure
somebody will correct me if I'm wrong.)  If I'm right, you may want to
remove gdm completely, and then install it again.  When you remove it,
don't use -y because you want to know what else, if anything, goes with it.