hourly yum cron

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Mar 25 04:26:23 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-03-24 at 16:30 -0500, anlarye wrote:
> Every hour I get the same notice from a default yum cron job.
>
> /etc/cron.hourly/0yum-hourly.cron:
>
> Not using downloaded repomd.xml because it is older than what we have:
>   Current   : Thu Mar 19 23:01:22 2015
>   Downloaded: Thu Mar 19 17:54:56 2015
>

> If I run any of the following commands the next hourly yum cron will go by
> without the notice but following that this same notice returns. Including
> having the same time date stamp on the downloaded repomd.xml file
>

> yum clean expire-cache
> yum clean metadata
> yum clean all
>
> Any help in getting this fixed?

I could hazard a guess that it's not a fault.  i.e. That the repo data
hasn't changed since you last checked, so there's no need to change what
you downloaded.  If it had changed, it'd be newer.

Is this a recent thing?

--
tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Linux 3.18.9-100.fc20.i686 #1 SMP Mon Mar 9 17:04:05 UTC 2015 i686

All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is no point trying
to privately email me, I will only read messages posted to the public lists.