Should disks in a raid really prevent booting?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 17:18:51 UTC 2015

On Wed, 25 Mar 2015 10:06:27 -0700
Rick Stevens wrote:

> The last part of your question implies that you're asking grub to
> predict if some program started at boot time is going to reference that
> RAID or not.

It was well past grub, the kernel was booting up and enumerating all
the disks in udev (I think), and it claimed it never recognized
a device (how it knew there should have been a device to recognize,
I don't know :-). The dracut shell said something like "exit to
continue", and I tried exiting, but nothing ever really continued.