Should disks in a raid really prevent booting?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 18:05:07 UTC 2015

On Wed, 25 Mar 2015 13:24:01 -0400
Paul Cartwright wrote:

> If there is an entry in /etc/fstab for ANY UUID that it can't find, it
> won't boot... I have run into that problem MANY times...
> I have to go in & comment out all entries except / and /home ( assuming
> it can find them), then it boots..

I explicitly removed the fstab entries so there wouldn't be
anyone referencing the disks, but it apparently gets upset
simply because the disks are plugged in (I had some version
of the Windows XP installer do that to me once - it wouldn't
ever get as far as letting me install if there was any EXT3
disk partition visible on the system - it would just hang).