Should disks in a raid really prevent booting?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 20:05:12 UTC 2015

On Wed, 25 Mar 2015 12:33:24 -0600
Ronal B Morse wrote:

> You might have to update dracut, too.
>
> I'm not sure what the relationship between dracut and RAID configuration
> is. Are RAIDs entered into the initramfs?

I don't know if any raid config info is in there, but it
definitely needs additional drivers in the initramfs (that's
how I eventually got the system to boot).

I'm suspecting it knows enough to recognize the some of the
raid metadata then gets upset because there is no raid
driver loaded. I just wonder if the response to that could
be more useful than hanging forever :-).