Does KDE do offline software updates?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Mar 26 14:24:50 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-03-26 at 12:58 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> What would be genuinely useful would be a tool to tell you how to get
> to a clean system with minimum fuss, e.g. one of:
>
> * restart the following user processes: a b c ...
> * log out and in again
> * reboot the system

Rather than tell you how to do it, it ought to ask you whether its
allowed to do what it needs to.  i.e. Tell you that it needs to restart
the following listed services, and you'd allow or defer it.

And if there was a mixture, such as restarting Apache, re-logging to
apply things to pertaining to your desktop, and rebooting for a new
kernel.  You'd individually authorise each step, skip any you want to
defer, or just go for a reboot to avoid typing in "y" a dozen times.

It's the computer, not you, let it do the damn work.

--
tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Linux 3.18.9-100.fc20.i686 #1 SMP Mon Mar 9 17:04:05 UTC 2015 i686

All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is no point trying
to privately email me, I will only read messages posted to the public lists.