SD card programing -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sat May 2 20:10:36 UTC 2015

On 01/05/15 18:53, Dave Ihnat wrote:
> If you run 'fdisk' on it, you should see two partitions--the boot
> partition, and the RPi Linux partition.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> 	Dave Ihnat
.

Did that and sure enough fdisk showed a couple of partitions. I finally
got to try it today and after wasting a lot of time messing with an
unknown device I had no success, the darn thing would not boot! More
googling resulted in the note that "Pidora has not been ported to the
RPi2!" Aargh!

I cleared the SD card and installed the raspbian-wheezy.img. That booted
immediately. So far all I have done was check it out via ssh from this
computer. Not what I wanted but perhaps Pidora will get fixed eventually?

It's not a total loss, I now know the thing works and have some
understanding of how to deal with it. I need to order an *DVI* to *HDMI*
adapter and a 5-volt, 2 amp power supply before I do any more with it.

Thanks to all,

Bob

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA