F21: why Fedora still has not alternative init?

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sun May 3 16:40:21 UTC 2015

Hi

On Sun, May 3, 2015 at 10:57 AM, Tom Horsley wrote:

> On Sun, 3 May 2015 15:45:36 +0100
> Marko Vojinovic wrote:
>
> > Umm, because everyone is happy with systemd? :-)
>
> Not the slightest possibility that is true. I have a more
> likely reason for the universal adoption of systemd:
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~tomhorsley/game/selection.html

That explanation is even less likely.  Very little of Linux enterprise
support has anything to do with poor documentation or bugs (it is not like
sysvinit had any real documentation).  A lot of it has to do with high
level guidance,  roadmaps, prioritization of features etc.   This type of
support won't scale well on a single project perhaps but it works fine on a
operating system with thousands of components.

Rahul