F21: why Fedora still has not alternative init?

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Mon May 4 00:03:45 UTC 2015

Hi

On Sun, May 3, 2015 at 4:40 PM, Frantisek Hanzlik  wrote:

> Rahul, thanks to Your recommendation. But for wider angle, this isn't
> as so significant. I want a stable system on which I can rely on -
> and it now block systemd piece. And as I see for last 4 years of its
> evolving, it is still totally buggy thing. I want alternative, as I
> said before

You are side stepping your own contention that systemd documentation is
incomplete.  If it wasn't significant, it is not clear, why you brought it
up in the first place.  If you want to package up an alternative and make
sure it works well in Fedora, you are free to do that. It is far from
trivial but it is possible

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers

So far, absolutely noone who wants alternatives has stepped up to do any of
the work involved.

Rahul