SV: Re: F21: why Fedora still has not alternative init?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon May 4 00:03:25 UTC 2015

On Mon, May 04, 2015 at 01:48:57 +0200,
  Frantisek Hanzlik <franta at hanzlici.cz> wrote:

>Hmm, I guess You want advice me, to bought some strictly limited (maybe
>commercial) OS - and then shut up and be satisfied with I have. But this
>fortunately is not Linux case...

However it is very unlikely that Fedora will support another init system
in the foreseeable future. It would be a lot of work and there doesn't
seem to be enough maintainer interest to support this.

If not using systemd is a hard requirement for you, you'd probably be more
successful switching distros than talking several people into doing the
work of supporting another init system.

I think the init system just isn't visible enough to get multiple groups
of people supporting alternative ones, unlike something like desktops
where we have something like 6 supported to some degree.