failed systemctl services?

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Mon May 4 06:40:49 UTC 2015

I was checking on systemctl status and found some that were listed as
failed?
One was caused since the vboxdrv modules for 3.19.5 kernel were not being
installed by yum for some reason. They didn't show up in the list, but was
able to locate and manually install it to correct that error.

The others I'm not sure of. Network-wait-online would report failed after boot
on some systems, but running a systemctl restart would fix the issue, ended
up changing the timeout from 30 to 90, and reboots seem to result in no
failures.

On a few machines got udisks2.service failed with Cannot allocate memory
message, but a restart on that also resulted in success.

Is there a process that automatically will try to restart failed systemctl
services, or would it be worth creating something to do so? Perhaps in
cron.hourly?

Might be these are harmless, but not sure.

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
ROSETTA     28926945.864031   |   SETI        51036191.422589
ABC         16613838.513356   |   EINSTEIN    59683310.706700