grub2

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Mon May 4 12:18:53 UTC 2015

On 05/04/2015 08:13 AM, Klaus-Peter Schrage wrote:

> Usually, I don't have to fiddle with grub. The cases I remember were
> when I had repaired windows installations (in a dual boot situation)
> which refused to boot. By restoring the windows boot mechanism via the
> rescue console, the MBR had been overwritten, and I had to re-install
> grub to get back dual booting; and I did that in the order I had
> mentioned: grub2-install first, then grub2-mkconfig. Perhaps the
> reversed order might work as well in this use case, but I never tried
> that.
I found a very nice utility called boot-repair. I boot from that CD & it
remakes the boot file including all bootable OSes on the drive(S).
I have fedora booting from sdb & windows booting from sda, and I also
had that issue when I tried to reinstall windows.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/boot-repair-cd/

--
Paul Cartwright