F21: why Fedora still has not alternative init?

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Mon May 4 13:20:28 UTC 2015

On Sun, May 03, 2015 at 02:57:57PM -0700, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> I tend to think that's a better question.  2.5M of memory is
> trivial, but I have systems where the RSS of systemd-journald is
> 30M+  The very high variability of the memory size for that process
> makes me worry about memory leaks.

journald automatically scales its usage to its idea of available memory
(and manages disk usage similarly — an important thing for sysadmins to
be aware of). You can tune how it does this with values in
/etc/systemd/journald.conf -- see the journald.conf man page for
details.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>