F21: why Fedora still has not alternative init?

Antonio Olivares wingators at inbox.com
Tue May 5 13:00:38 UTC 2015

> My approach to this issue has been to learn to live with systemd, and
> hope that the reasons for its existence will ultimately be of global
> benefit. It's the same frame of mind one has when paying taxes ---
> they're unavoidable, painful for the individual, and are supposed to
> be beneficial for the progress of the community (although that's not
> immediately obvious to the individual).

Also from the sidelines watching, I see why are these like taxes?  Taxes are just forced down peoples throats.  If you donČ› pay up, you may lose your home, everything you got.  IT may be better to not have anything, then what can they take away from you?
``they're unavoidable, painful for the individual, and are supposed to be beneficial for the progress of the community ''

I would suspect that taxes is not in the same category as systemd.  There are other distros that do not have systemd* in them, but they are now the final fontier.  Crux, Slackware, Gentoo* come to mind and also linux from scratch.  If they too go down the road(go systemd), then *BSDs would be the final fontier, if that falls too, then plan9?  Haiku?  There has to be some alternative somewhere.  Then if all else fails, don't have anything.  Like with Albert Einstein's quote `` I do not know what weapons WWIII will be fought with, but WWIV(world war 4) will be fought with sticks and stones ''

I really like(d) Fedora.  I have used it since Fedora Core 2, played with Red Hat 8/9 Mandrake.  Things were just easier, we could use chkconfig --?  I have loved to test and play with new technologies, but the playing game is no longer fun.  Now we have to learn new things, yes there exists documentation, but there* may be no fun in computing anymore.

My $0.02

Regards,

Antonio A. Olivares