F21: why Fedora still has not alternative init?

Antonio Olivares wingators at inbox.com
Tue May 5 18:57:09 UTC 2015

> Well, I'd count the "systemd and docker don't work together well"
> bit with some degree of skepticism. But, on the larger point:
>
> Fedora doesn't strive to be bleeding edge. We strive to be the first to
> offer the newest and best of _functional_ open source software. And
> that's a hard balance to get right — sometimes, eager contributors and
> developers get things into Fedora that _aren't_ quite ready. Other
> times, we're too conservative.
>
> But I also don't see systemd as a crux of this. Another hot new minimal
> startup distribution, CoreOS, is _based around_ systemd.
>
> In any case, the Fedora.next initiative
> <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora.next> is an attempt to work on
> this balance in new and different ways, with Fedora Cloud in particular
> being a space for experimenting with some of these new concepts (as
> that's sort of the incubation space for new OS technologies in the
> world at large right now).
>

>> Debian--> Devuan
>> Fedora --> Fedoruan?
>
> If you're interested in exploring a remix like that, see
> <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Remix> (although note that "Fedoruan"
> is probably not acceptable with our trademark guidelines).
>

> --
> Matthew Miller
> <mattdm at fedoraproject.org>
> Fedora Project Leader

I do not know where I had seen CoreOS?  Maybe I confused it with Tiny Core?  At distrowatch, I had seen a distro based on Fedora

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20150427

http://chapeaulinux.org/

I am surprised that it has not gotten more coverage?  It is a Fedora Remix too! , like old Fedora Remix by Rahul and one by Valent Turkovic.

Best Regards,

Antonio