Tablet hardware

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Sat May 9 09:22:14 UTC 2015

* Florian Weimer:

> Is there any tablet-like hardware which is well-supported by Fedora 20
> and later?  Something with a high-resolution display?
>
> I don't need 3D acceleration beyond what's needed to run a typical
> desktop environment, but I'd like to have lots of RAM, a bit of CPU
> power (perhaps even a current Core i7) and an SSD with decent read
> speed.

I wonder if the situation has changed substantially since last August.

What well-supported options are there now?  In the meantime, I had
access to a hi-DPI device with a touchscreen, running GNOME and KDE,
and I wasn't very impressed with the user experience.  At least a lot
of configuration is needed, and maybe some coding. :-(