mount local folder boxes

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Mon May 11 17:38:13 UTC 2015

On 05/10/2015 01:40 PM, William Biggs wrote:
> I would like to know if and how to mount local folders in boxes so the
> virtual boxes can read and write to the folders ?

Not sure what you mean. If you are talking about a host machine with
multiple virtual machines under it, you could have the host machine
export them via NFS and have the virtual machines mount them via NFS.

Some virtual environments will let you mount host _filesystems_ on a
virtual client, but having more than one virtual client mount the same
directory is guaranteed to cause problems with write collisions unless
you use some form of shared filesystem like NFS or cluster software.
- Political Correctness: The insane doctrine that postulates that it -
-     is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.       -