an idea about upgrades

Ronal B Morse ron at morsehouse.com
Tue May 12 17:59:58 UTC 2015

On 05/12/2015 11:53 AM, jd1008 wrote:

> It would be a great idea if Fedora would provide
> a way to downgrade to the immediately previous release
> (from which the upgrade was performed), if the user
> decides (for some reason) to return to the previous
> release. This would completely obviate the need to
> do a backup, and restore - especially for a 1TB or
> more drives (I have a 4TB drive, for example).
>
> Cheers,
> JD

JD, I get the idea, but not the mechanics. Are you saying the upgrader
should create an image of the system partition (ala clonezilla or
partimage) before starting the actual upgrade? Windows sort of does this
when you install a new version (and the backup store is a minor pain to
delete after a successful upgrade).

RBM