an idea about upgrades

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Tue May 12 21:05:51 UTC 2015

> >> Har!
> >> Losing which data??
> >> fedup has not been know to destroy any "precious" data.
> >> Likewise, "fedown" !!
> > Well, I was talking about reinstalling. There is no fedup for that. Folks like the OP on F17 can not fedup (and have to reinstall for an upgrade) from what I understood.
> >
> > Ranjan
> >
> My thread said nothing about reinstalling.

Well, I was assuming that all this bubbled up in the context of the OP on another thread running F17 and not wanting to upgrade (which for him is really a reinstall). In any case, my suggested approach would help even when you are upgrading or performing the non-existent downgrade -- because that is not failsafe, and if things fail, often installing afresh is the only option. That said, I am not disavowing the importance of backups.

Ranjan