Biting the bullet?

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Wed May 13 09:03:51 UTC 2015

Hi,

I think Matthew responded with a much more detailed review.  I'll just
comment on the couple of questions you posed below.

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 03:41:28PM -0500, Ranjan Maitra wrote:

> > Just rename the tarball to the new name and you are good.  The %{name}
> > macro takes the value from the Name: field in the spec file.
> >
> > If I recall correctly, Fedora packaging guidelines says the package name
> > should be something like python-stapler.
>
> Are you sure? It would make more sense to call it pdf-stapler or something similar to specify its utility. After all, this is not going to be used as a library.

That's better indeed.

> > > Btw, you will need PyPDF2 for which I have a working rpm (again a personal copy, no naming issues there) which I can provide to you.
> > >
> > > How do I submit this PyPDF2 to BZ?
> >
> > Just create a bug report as a review request.
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_Review_Process
> >

> I read somewhere that I have to do some GPG signing? This does not appear to be on this webpage above. Also, can the files be submitted to BZ itself or does this have to be loaded somewhere else?

>From what I have seen, people upload the source rpm somewhere else, and
provide the link in the BZ report.  It is also useful if you attach the
spec file to the report, in case the link to the srpm breaks for some
reason.  You could also use copr to test your builds during the review
process.

Cheers,

--
Suvayu