Javascript / AJAX / Textarea problem

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Thu May 14 09:42:35 UTC 2015

Hi folks,

At some point the following code stopped working properly, but I don't know
when.

Now when I try it, both on Firefox and IE all of the text appears on the first
line. I've checked the source text and it has newline characters (I've also
changed them to CRLF which made no change).

When I update form.config.value the contents are correct and contain the \n
when inspected using FireBug, but they appear wrong with everything on one
line.

Anyone got a clue how to fix this for both Firefox and IE.  I've found loads
of stuff on Google, except the answer

Gary

  AjaxRequest("/hardware/ajax"+debug+".html?baculaClientConfig="+name,
     function(xmlHttp) {
       if(xmlHttp.readyState==4) {
         var form = document.getElementById("clientConfigForm");
         if (form)
           form.config.value=xmlHttp.responseText;
       }
     },false);