How To preserve file attributes (chattr/lsattr) when copy it to another location

Dario Lesca d.lesca at solinos.it
Thu May 14 10:43:56 UTC 2015

Il giorno mar, 12/05/2015 alle 17.24 +0200, poma ha scritto:

> > There is a way to copy all attribute?
>
> http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/118840/preserving-extended-attributes-with-cp-rsync
>

>From the article:
> I think the bottom line is that using system namespace values is
> currently buggy and/or unsupported, at least in Debian and probably
> other distros too. Likely the rsync developers know this, which is why
> they ignore them.

Then, if I have understood, is NOT possible to save and restore the
extended (chattr/lsattr) attribute with rsync o cp ... or whatever
backup command.

Instead the acls are saved and restored correctly.

Then, the only solution is use some shell script to know where are use
and "chattr" it after restore.

Is this true?

Many thanks.

--
Dario Lesca
(inviato dal mio Linux Fedora 21 con Gnome 3.14)