Firefox -> Flash cannot see webcam on F20 system

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Fri May 15 14:57:00 UTC 2015

On Friday 15 May 2015 14:40:20 Gary Stainburn wrote:
> Hi folks.
>
> I  know this seems to ber a regular problem but none of the things I've
> found so far seem to work.
>
> My cam works fine in cheese, and works fine in skype.  However, Flash
> doesn't even see it, and on the Flash admin panel the web cam tab doesn't
> even show.
>
> I'm using a HP Envy 17-J184na with built in web cam.  From memory, I think
> it just worked (for cheese and skype) without me having to do anything.
>
> I'm trying to use flash through Firefox.
>
> I'm using
>
> flash-plugin-11.2.202.460-release.x86_64
> firefox-37.0.2-1.fc20.x86_64

I've been told to try gnash-plugin instead so I have removed the flash-plugin
and installed gnash-plugin.

I confirmed in about:plugins that the change has occurred and then tried using
the cam again. It behaved exactly the same as with the flash-plugin.  I don't
know how to get up the gnash equiv of the admin panel though.

I've checked with Cheese and the cam is still working.