/home when moving to Fedora from Ubuntu

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sat May 16 18:41:28 UTC 2015

On 05/16/2015 08:41 AM, Kalpa Welivitigoda wrote:
> Hi Danishka and bitlord,
>
> Thanks a lot for the fast responses.
>
> It's exactly what bitlord has explained. It seems that it is just a
> matter of labelling/display in anaconda. So I think it is safe to
> proceed with mounting the ubuntu /home as the home for fedora.

i have not installed latest fedora, so i presume there is
still an /etc/fstab.

if so, consider making the install and not include old /home,
then, after install, as root, edit fstab and add your old /home.

i have done this for many years and it has always worked.

hth.

--

peace out.

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6