unable to run e2fsck

stan stanl-fedorauser at vfemail.net
Tue May 19 16:21:42 UTC 2015

On Tue, 19 May 2015 18:54:49 +0300
Angelo Moreschini <mrangelo.fedora at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have problem to run fsck on the root directory.

[snip]

> So* what I can do to run fsck on /dev/sda2 (where is mounted the root
> directory)?*

It sounds like all you have to do is a
umount /dev/sda2
before you run the command.  But the partition shouldn't have been
mounted in the first place.  It's acting like the skip is actually doing
a mnt/sysimage.

Maybe you'll have to take the /mnt/sysimage route and do a umount on the
partition under /mnt/sysimage.
e.g.  umount /mnt/sysimage/
where /mnt/sysimage is /dev/sda2 because it is the root partition.

These are the things I would try, but I offer no guarantee they will
work.  Perhaps someone else will have more useful advice.