No mouse in Fedora 21 -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed May 20 17:14:42 UTC 2015

On 20/05/15 07:54, Ed Greshko wrote:
> It should be noted that googling on "raspberry pi keyboard problems" produces more than a few results.
>
> One, in particular, stuck my eye...
>
> http://elinux.org/R-Pi_Troubleshooting#R-Pi_does_not_respond_to_key_presses_.2F_Keyboard_randomly_repeats_key_presses
.

The same keyboard and mouse work as expected in raspian.

The keyboard works as expected in Fedora 21 after logging-in. So does
the mouse after yum installing gpm as suggested earlier. This would seem
to indicate no problems with hardware compatibility. I also tried an
Dell usb mouse I had, that made no difference.

If I do "startxfce4" at the prompt or perhaps "systwemctl start lightdm"
via ssh from this computer, connection to the keyboard and mouse at he
rpi board breaks. Everything works via ssh.

I looked at the URL you cited but don't see anything I recognize as
applicable to my situation. I may be missing something you see?

UPS tracking says I should have some new SD cards late this afternoon. I
intend to repeat what I have done with more care in adding the "X" stuff
on the probable chance that I made some errors first time around.

Thanks,

Bob

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA