Firewalld, IPv6, no forwarding happening

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed May 20 21:13:38 UTC 2015

I'm totally baffled by how to get firewalld to forward IPv6 packets.

On my home network, every machine has a public IPv6 address (from
radvd).  My ISP has IPv6.  In between is a Fedora machine running
firewalld, but packets simply do not transition from one network
interface to the other.

If I ping ipv6.google.com from inside, I can see the packets as far as
the internal interface on the firewall, but they simply disappear.  No
ICMP rejected messages or anything like that.  If I ping an internal
machine from outside, I can see the packets at the external interface
of the firewall, but again they disappear into the aether.

I don't even know where to start looking.  Any idea what to look for?

Rich.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v