updates broke system, no x, try level 3 but cannot even log in (f20)

stan stanl-fedorauser at vfemail.net
Thu May 21 13:39:41 UTC 2015

On Thu, 21 May 2015 05:07:00 -0800
Antonio Olivares <wingators at inbox.com> wrote:

> Thanks to all who gave input in this issue.  For a while I tried
> several things, booting into level 3, but could not log in.  Tried
> again removed rhgb and quiet and saw some things in services again,
> process hung and stood there for a while.  I turned the machine off
> and thought to myself, I'ļl try it tomorrow and just go home to
> rest.  I turned the machine on again, and left the default settings
> and voila it worked.  I got the system back and it is working again
> ``crossing fingers'' :)  I still wonder what happened, but as the
> system is working, I should not complain anymore.

Maybe it just needed a cold boot to get everything in sync again.  Like
those old jokes; I have some good news and some bad news.  The good
news is your system is working again.  The bad news is that we don't
know why it is working again, and it could fail again at any time.  :-)

Or it wants to work a 40 hour week, no overtime.  So it went on
strike.  Equal rights for computers.  :-)

What about overheating?  Shutting it off overnight would allow it to
cool. Is there a lot of fluff and dust built up on the ventilation?