Biting the bullet?

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Sat May 23 02:56:10 UTC 2015

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 09:30:55PM -0500, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> So, does this mean that there should be two versions of PyPDF2?

So this gets to an advanced RPM packaging topic -- subpackages. The
same source RPM can produce two (or more) separate binary (or noarch)
RPMs, one python2 and one python3.

> Btw, what software depends on pypdf? One could then see which of
> these need python2 and which use python3?

Right now, it's all python 2. I don't know the state for the future.
It's not very many, though:

  $ dnf repoquery --whatrequires pyPdf
  krop-0:0.4.7-1.fc22.noarch
  pdfposter-0:0.6.0-3.fc21.noarch