2 part question

bitlord bitlord0xff at gmail.com
Tue May 26 05:36:18 UTC 2015

On Mon, 25 May 2015 23:52:47 -0400
William Biggs <bill at kc8pdr.com> wrote:

> I have a 2 part question . 1st I would like to know how to back up f21
> to upgrade to f22 ? the 2nd question is how do I do and upgrade to f22
> gnome ver from f21 ?

For backup it depends what you want, some people only care about data,
so you backup /home/, and possibly config files you changed /etc/ ...,
also there are other ways, making complete disk image, or archiving
complete installation while taking care that permissions are
preserved ...

For upgrade [0], you can use few methods
fedup [1] which is officially supported,
or yum/dnf which is not (but also works ok (at least for me, that is
only method I used for upgrading))

[0] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading
[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedUp
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_Fedora_using_yum