2 part question

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue May 26 06:16:45 UTC 2015

Allegedly, on or about 26 May 2015, William Biggs sent:
> I want to back up the the conf files and the home folder...

If the config files you want to back up pertain to personal settings
(your browser, your screen mode, screen background, things you've set
for your desktop and your login, et cetera), those settings are all
stored in your homespace.

If you mean system reconfiguration, those are in the /etc directory.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

public lists.

ZNQR LBH YBBX