USB to COM Port connections

Andy Blanchard zocalo at gmail.com
Tue May 26 13:52:13 UTC 2015

Are you connecting the serial device directly to a USB port on the
motherboard, or going via a hub?  I believe the connection needs to be
direct (on any OS) for the driver to work, so if you are connecting to
a USB port on your keyboard, monitor, or whatever it's probably not
going to work.

Andy

On 26 May 2015 at 13:30, Dave Ihnat <dihnat at dminet.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 08:20:41PM -0400, Mickey wrote:
>> Why is this a bad syntax ?
>>
>> # chmod 666 /dev/ttyACM0 –>  ( Why Is this a bad syntax)
>
> Octal.  "chmod 0666 /dev/ttyACM0".
>
> Cheers,
> --
>         Dave Ihnat
>         dihnat at dminet.com
> --

Andy

The only person to have all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe