qmake cannot be found

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Tue May 26 15:11:56 UTC 2015

On 05/26/15 22:50, Mickey wrote:

> On 05/26/2015 01:38 AM, g wrote:

>>> Assuming you have qt5-qtbase-devel installed, I think the binary is renamed
>>> to qmake-qt5 so it can coexist with qmake-qt4.
>>
>> to verify, run
>>
>>    locate qt5|grep bin/
>>
>> will show you if/where qmake-qt5 is installed.
>>

> qmake-qt5 is installed, but not qmake.

I think you misunderstood the response.

The "problem" is there is a qt4 and qt5 which can both be installed and both with their respective qmake.  So, there exists a ambiguity in using "qmake" as it is uncertain as to the version being addressed.

Not being a developer I've not tested or tried this....but you may want to explore the  qtchooser package which has a description of ....

Description : Qt Chooser provides a wrapper to switch between versions of Qt
            : development binaries when multiple versions like 4 and 5 are
            : installed or local Qt builds are to be used.