Replacing laptop cpu

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Tue May 26 16:06:07 UTC 2015

On 05/26/2015 05:17 AM, Tim wrote:
> On Mon, 2015-05-25 at 16:21 -0500, g wrote:
>> also, is there a thermal pad between cpu and heat sink? there
>> should be one because they help thermal transfer.
>
> Thermal pad - heatsink compound, similar job.  I wouldn't expect
> both to be present, and I'd expect trying both to be a problem
> in itself.

if one is good, both are better. ;-)

pad and paste tim;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermally_conductive_pad

plus, see the 2 links shown under "References". good reading.

after having read the AMD report, i do believe i will stay with
non conducting paste. comment about such is very reasonable.

[i like wikipedia. takes me back in thoughts of my early childhood
 days when i used to spend hours in library reading thru the many
 electronic books, only much easier.
 ]

--

peace out.

If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6

tc,hago.

.