Is there any way to go back to 21?

David Cary Hart dc.hart at slowlyboiledfrog.com
Tue May 26 23:02:34 UTC 2015

On 05/26/2015 06:55 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 05/27/15 06:49, David Cary Hart wrote:
>> I am having all sorts of ugly problems, particularly with T-Bird. Also 22 mounts my phone but refuses to mount my Kindle. KDE lost a bunch of widgets including weather and ktorrent. 21 was more stable, possibly faster. This is the first major upgrade problem I have had since FC9.
> There is no tool to accomplish this.  Just restore from the backup you made.
>
> Since this is a move to Plasma 5 there are bound to be teething problems.  FWIW, I don't have any issues with T-Bird or ktorrent.   You may want to ask for help on these in particular if you're going to stick with KDE.
You cannot close T-Bird to the tray and there are password issues with
Google contacts. There is no problem with ktorrent - only the absence of
the widget. I found a rather ugly Yahoo weather widget. Mil notification
doesn't seem to work nor, for that matter, all of my custom key
sequences that I use for raw HTML. I tried to reprogram a couple of them
and it no longer works.

I'm a schmuck. I have a 2TB USB-3 drive and could have backed up my
system first - I didn't. I mean update after update has been uneventful.

--
David C. Hart - South Beach
http://www.slowlyboiledfrog.com