Is there any way to go back to 21?

David Cary Hart dc.hart at slowlyboiledfrog.com
Wed May 27 00:00:42 UTC 2015

> On Tue, 2015-05-26 at 19:02 -0400, David Cary Hart wrote:
>>
>> You cannot close T-Bird to the tray and there are password issues
>> with Google contacts.
> What are the password issues? Note that passwords stored in gnome
> -keyring will not work if you have the default SDDM desktop manager for
> KDE Plasma. Use KDM (still supported on F22 though it's going to be phased out). This affects Gnome apps running under KDE, e.g.
> Evolution.

Same problem in Gnome. Thunderbird keeps asking for all nine of my
passwords over and over and over again. I am receiving and can send
email (double checking receipts on my phone). I think the problem is the
hook into Google's contacts.

Another interesting problem is the inability to mount my Kindle (Android
phone no problem).

As someone else suggested this is reminiscent of the KDE-4 intro circa
FC-9 I suppose. If we stick with it and file bug reports it will all get
ironed out.

> Now is the time to set up a nightly backup system (actually yesterday
> would have been better ...) poc
Uh - yeah.

--
David C. Hart - South Beach