The Google contacts issue

Mike Chambers mike at mtchambers.com
Wed May 27 14:18:02 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-05-27 at 10:09 -0400, David Cary Hart wrote:
> Can someone more technically proficient than I explain where the
> error
> is occurring? I need enough information to file a bug report -
> somewhere.
>
> I do know that it is not a Thunderbird issue because the exact same
> thing happens in Evolution. Moreover, the problem does not extend to
> Google calendars which sync just fine.
> --

Is this specific to just KDE, or happens on gnome/cinnamon/mate and so
on?

I was on KDE for few Fedora versions now, but didn't like how Plasma 5
was, as well as evolution on KDE. So I gave Cinnamon a try (I used to
like gnome until gnome-shell came into the picture) and It's like using
gnome-shell but with the look of gnome2.  And evolution acts a lot
better and like it should (using it lately in KDE it would often not
auto check/get the emails that I setup and had trouble filtering at
times) and no more fighting it.

Takes a tad getting used to at first but starting to like it more and
more.  It does have it's own weather applet and stuff, but not sure how
the status bar and the like as I don't do the stuff your doing, but it
might.

Just a suggestion/thought...

--
Mike Chambers