Fedora 22 beta -

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Wed May 27 14:38:03 UTC 2015

On 05/27/2015 09:49 AM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:

> Hmm, I have never used or even needed a usb hub, have one that was
> given to me. My computers seem to have more USB ports than anyone
> could use and wherever possible I choose stuff that connects to my
> Ethernet switch. There's room for improvement there, only 8 ports and
> I run short sometimes.
my computer has 2 USB ports on the back, and 2 in front. I ALWAYS have 4
things plugged in, sometimes 5 or 6..

> From this list I conclude that wireless keyboards and mice are often
> troublesome ...
I had to replace my bluetooth mouse ( mouse keyboard combo). Kept the
keyboard, added a USB mouse. they would BOTH go dead, I should have
thought it was the USB hub they were plugged into, now I know it is.
They have gone dead 3 times already today, and it isn't even lunch time.
All I do is unplug the hub, then plug it back in. unplugging the
separate  USB ports ( Mouse..) doesn't help.

--
Paul Cartwright