dnf issues in f22

stan stanl-fedorauser at vfemail.net
Wed May 27 22:30:00 UTC 2015

On Wed, 27 May 2015 13:49:02 -0600
Isaac Cortés González <w.isaac.cortes at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> This:
[snip]
> >> UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe1' in
> >> position 30:
> >> ordinal not in range(128)

It seems that something in dnf, or its chain, is choking on a
character because it is utf-8, and it expects ASCII.

> > This is the entire output? What arguments did you give to dnf?
>

> >sudo dnf -y group install "Espacios de trabajo KDE Pla
> sma" "Autoría y publicación" "Libros y Guías" "Aplicaciones KDE"
> "Herramientas y Librerías de Desarrollo C" "Herramientas de
> desarrollo" "Bibliotecas de desarro llo" "Desarrollo en Perl"
> "Oficina y Productividad" "Desarrollo de software para KDE" "Soporte
> Multimedia KDE" Java "Desarrollo en Java" "Ingeniería y científic o"
> "Desarrollo en Perl" Python KDE Multimedia

To find out what it is choking on, try installing these one at a time.

This seems like a bug to me.  dnf, and its chain, should handle
international character sets.

If installing individually fails, could you go to
https://bugzilla.redhat.com
and open a bug against dnf, and give the information you have given in
these emails.  And the group it failed on.