dnf failed to download repomd.xml from updates

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Wed May 27 22:36:00 UTC 2015

On 05/27/2015 03:19 PM, jd1008 wrote:

> On 05/27/2015 04:15 PM, jd1008 wrote:
>>

>> On 05/27/2015 04:11 PM, jd1008 wrote:
>>> # dnf distro-sync
>>> Fedora 22 - x86_64 3.1 MB/s |  41 MB     00:13
>>> RPM Fusion for Fedora 22 - Free -
>>> Updates                                               1.1 kB/s | 399
>>> B     00:00
>>> RPM Fusion for Fedora 22 - Nonfree -
>>> Updates                                            2.8 kB/s | 399
>>> B     00:00
>>> RPM Fusion for Fedora 22 -
>>> Free                                                         955 kB/s
>>> Error: Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'updates' from
>>> 'https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=updates-released-f22&arch=x86_64':
>>> Cannot download repomd.xml: Curl error (56): Failure when receiving
>>> data from the peer for
>>> ftp://mirror.lstn.net/fedora/updates/22/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml
>>> [response reading failed]
>>>
>> Another failure:
>> Error: package image-analyzer-3.0.0-1.fc21.x86_64 requires
>> libmirage.so.10()(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed.
>>
>> Apparently, fedup did not upgrade this f21 package to f22.
>> And now, it finds there is a missing dependency.
>>
>> Strange, I had not caught that while still running f21.
>>

> # rpm -qv --whatprovides /usr/lib64/libmirage.so.10
> libmirage-3.0.3-1.fc21.x86_64
>
> So, apparently, f22 updates repo is still not ready for prime time.

There were notices when F22 was released that some packages will remain
packaged as f21 for the time being. The idea was there was no dire need
to repackage them as f22, and they need all the horsepower they have to
get some of the nastier warts cleaned up on F22--things not caught
during alpha and beta testing.

We almost always see this on a major update.