F22: XFCE issues

Marco Guazzone marco.guazzone at gmail.com
Thu May 28 06:07:18 UTC 2015

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 4:01 AM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:

> The gnome-shell is not 'under Xfce'. Its the way gdm works.
>
> It was definitely still the case in Fedora 21. ;)

OK. But unlike Fedora 22, in Fedora 21 there wasn't a gnome-shell
process running together with XFCE.
Probably something has changed in the GDM version shipped with F22
Indeed, I didn't noted the parameter "--mode=gdm" passed to
gnome-shell, which might run a "lightweight" version of gnome-shell
needed by GDM

Anyway, to see gnome-shell running inside XFCE was rather confusing
and disappointing (since I don't like gnome-shell) ;-)

Cheers,

Marco